Creating a Channel
Only Admin Users with appropriate permissions are able to create a Channel.
Follow the steps below to create a new Channel.
- 1.Channel Name - This is a mandatory field and is the only field required to create a Channel.
- 2.Channel Image - This is not required but we do recommend it as this image will become your Channel Avatar. Images should be uploaded as a perfect square to avoid any cropping of the image. If no image is uploaded, a generic avatar will be created and displayed on the channel list page.
- 3.Channel Description - Optional field with a character limit of 140 characters.
- 4.Pin to top of list - Toggle "on" to pin the channel to the top of the channel list. (Default = "off")
- 5.Set Priority Order - If "Pin to top of list" has been selected, you can choose the order by selecting High, Higher, Highest to order how your channel will display in the list. (Default = "High")
- 6.Enabled - Toggle "off" or "on". If set to "off" the Channel will be saved in a Disabled state and can only be viewed by users with permission. Please see "Disabled Channels" for more information. (Default = "on")
- 7.Channel Rules - Channel rules can be used to auto-add Channel Members based on various criteria. Please see "Channel Rules" for more information.
The Channel will be saved and the user will be returned to the Channel List page.